Continuous Conveyor Design in EPB TBM Applications
While continuous conveyors have become the muck removal system of choice in long, hard rock TBM tunnels, they have gained acceptance in soft ground tunnels only recently. Soft ground, EPB TBM-driven tunnels provide a challenging environment for continuous conveyors due to the variety of materials present. The design of both horizontal and vertical soft ground conveyors will vary depending on the types of excavated material, amount of water present, and other factors. This paper will address the challenges of effective conveyance in different ground materials by analyzing conveyor performance in several recent EPB TBM projects.
- The Risks Associated with TBM Procurement and the Next Steps Towards Industry Change
- Boring Hard, Abrasive Gneiss with a Main Beam TBM at the Atlanta Water Supply Program
- TBM Tool Wear Analysis for Cutterhead Configuration and Resource Planning in Glacial Geology
- Logistics and Performance of a Large-Diameter Crossover TBM for the Akron Ohio Canal Interceptor Tunnel
- Excavating Turkey’s Most Challenging Project: The Gerede Water Transmission Tunnel