48 Fault Zones and 26 Bar Pressure: Boring Turkey’s Gerede Water Transmission Tunnel
Difficult ground doesn’t begin to describe the challenges overcome at a recent tunnel in central Turkey. The breakthrough of a 5.5 m diameter Robbins Crossover XRE TBM at the Gerede Water Transmission Tunnel was a feat of modern construction.
- 48 Fault Zones and 26 Bar Pressure: Boring Turkey's Gerede Water Transmission Tunnel
- High-Speed Tunneling in the Himalayas: Over 1,200 Meters a Month at Bheri Babai
- When the Going Gets Tough: Thuong Kon Tum Hydroelectric Project
- The Crossover in 3D: Robbins XRE TBMs
- Akron’s Crossover TBM: Powering Through Tough Geology