When the Going Gets Tough: Thuong Kon Tum Hydroelectric Project
Take a trip with Robbins to the scenic Thuong Kon Tum project in Vietnam where a 4.5 m Main Beam TBM has completed boring. After being left in high humidity and groundwater for 14 months, it was up to Robbins and contractor CC47 to step in and turn this project around. Watch the video for an inside look at how Robbins crews tackled multiple fault zones and major water influxes, all while maintaining the required advance rates.
- When the Going Gets Tough: Thuong Kon Tum Hydroelectric Project
- The Crossover in 3D: Robbins XRE TBMs
- Akron’s Crossover TBM: Powering Through Tough Geology
- Overcoming Fault Zones and Water Inflows: Thuong Kon Tum Hydro Project
- Moving Projects Forward: Ohio Canal Interceptor Tunnel