The Next Level: Why Deeper Is Better for TBMs in Mining
Diminishing surficial mineral deposits, increasing environmental regulation and advanced geological exploration techniques are ushering in a new era of mining. Unconventional technology must be adopted to ensure that safe, efficient and responsible access to minerals is possible as prospecting continues to push the mining industry deeper. This paper discusses why competitive mining operations will become increasingly dependent on Tunnel Boring machines (TBMs) for mine development and expansion, and explores the implications of TBMs in a drill and blast dominated industry.
- TBMs For Norwegian Small Hydropower Projects
- Completing Mexico City’s Mixed Ground Mega Tunnel: Emisor Oriente
- Project Clear: Efficient Hard Rock Tunneling below St. Louis, Missouri
- Rebuilding TBMs: Are Used TBMs as Good as New?
- Breaking Through Tough Ground in the Himalayas: Nepal's First TBM